07 Dec DIY public relations back for 2010
A couple years ago I started a coaching service called Waxcoach – it was a fun and inexpensive way to help small business owners, authors and entrepreneurs learn the basics of PR and tactics for doing it themselves. And then I got REALLY busy working on some high profile campaigns like Dan Buettner’s The Blue Zones: Lessons for Living Longer From the People Who’ve Lived the Longest , Yale University’s Weight Bias Campaign and others.
Time’s a bit more manageable now and I’m really excited to announce that I’m doing one on one coaching again. Here’s the scoop – it’s pretty affordable, you just buy a package of hours – minimum of 10 at $125 per hour. Folks who read this blog also get a 30 minute phone consultation totally free.
The Wax Marketing Coaching Program includes:
- One on one coaching time to determine core messages, target demographics and key messaging channels for your business, book or brand
- Press list preparation to give you a headstart with the people you need to reach
- Approach tactics for traditional – print and broadcast – media vs online and social media
- Tactics and training for social media that make it less overwhelming
- Assistance with press release writing, boilerplate templates and press kits
- Assistance with appropriate pitches and pitching techniques
- Template for integrated marketing communications plan that is simple and easy to write
- Review of existing materials with suggested edits and additions
- Discussion of appropriate advertising tactics where appropriate
- If applicable, assistance with media such as videos, blogs, etc
I will help you determine the approach you can take to help grow your business, book or brand’s footprint. You’ll learn how to do outreach as well as increase your digital footprint so that media will find you. And I’ll show you how to do this in as little as 2-3 hours a week.
You can reach me at waxmarketing at gmail dot com. Let’s get going for 2010!