Whether you are hoping to update your reading list to include the best 2017 marketing books or your marketing skills could use a little update. Here are our suggestions for the top marketing books every new marketer should read. These marketing books are some of our favorite reads on the top goals of marketing in 2017 including content marketing, influencer marketing and user experience.
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content. In the digital age marketing is driven by content. However with thousands of online content to compete with it is vital that yours can stand out from the internet crowd. Ann Handley’s book has insightful guidance on how to create consistent high-quality content. It’s a must on any list of best marketing books.
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly Scott’s book is a great introduction to the role of social media for marketing and PR. This guide emphasizes how social media efficiency takes a different way of thinking compared to traditional media. It’s especially good for smaller businesses and nonprofits who are getting started in the digital marketing world.
- Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade. While Robert Cialdini’s book does take a more sociological and psychological approach to marketing, it remains a great introduction to marketing and a compelling read. These insights focus on two primary areas. The first, persuading colleagues and executives to support your strategy. Second, how to persuade customers to take action.
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die. While this may be the oldest book on the list, it has become a classic resource over the last 10 years. Chip and Dan Heath’s book explores what makes some ideas memorable and why others tend to die all too quickly.
- Content Inc.: How Entrepreneurs Use Content to Build Massive Audiences and Create Radically Successful Businesses As we mentioned before, content creation is crucial in the digital world. Pulizzi’s book discusses why traditional content no longer works and breaks down the content creation and marketing process.
- X: The Experience When Business Meets Design Solis has delivered many great books to navigating the online marketing world, but his latest book has really stood out. It’s a brilliant look at building an experience for your customers. Using great examples on several different levels of digital marketing, Solis focus on how to better connect with users on a personal level.