19 Oct Video for Small Business
Thanks to SCORE for this excellent content on the importance of video for small business marketing.
SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, has published an infographic outlining the powerful impact of video marketing on small business sales. Businesses are creating cost-effective promotional videos in a range of categories. These include explainers, product demos and testimonials. These videos are performing well with customers on small business websites and social media pages. Video for small business is here to stay and even for B2B businesses, it’s an important factor in the marketing mix.
Here are a few statistics from SCORE on using video for small business. For more information about starting or operating a small business, visit SCORE.
Videos resonate with consumers:
- 71% of consumers made a purchase after watching an online video about local products and services, according to one survey.
- Four times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
Videos boost marketing ROI:
- Including videos in email marketing increased click-through rates by 96%.
- Videos improve Search Engine Optimization rankings. Videos were 50 times more likely to land on the first page of Google search results compared to text-based content.
- 87% of survey respondents had a positive ROI with digital video.
Successful videos can be produced on small business budgets:
- The greatest number of videos (16 per month) were produced by companies in the lowest revenue bracket (less than $5 million).
Shorter videos perform better:
- Videos shorter than 90 seconds kept 53% of viewers watching until the end, compared to videos longer than 30 minutes, which retained only 10% of viewers.
Download the infographic for more statistics on successful video marketing strategies for small businesses.